Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Television - Double Exposure (Live '74-'75)

I love Television. I don't like Adventure. So all I've got is Marquee Moon and this; Double Exposure having been recorded several years before their debut, making these songs sort of demo versions. These tracks are rife with Tom Verlaine and the boys' particular sonic genius and cliche as it may be, this really makes me wish I'd been there. Amazing to hear Verlaine's signature breed of guitar-ism translated live.



Double Exposure

2 comments:

Zen said...

There are a few other compilations of live Television out there, such as these two:

A Season in Hell(all featuring Richard Hell, 74-75)
http://doomandgloomfromthetomb.tumblr.com/post/18962115402/television-a-season-in-hell-soooo-heres-a

Kingdom Come (75-78)
http://doomandgloomfromthetomb.tumblr.com/post/5667774473/kingdom-come-the-lost-television-album-dont-get

I haven't heard Double Exposure in a while, so I can't recall if any of these tracks are represented there, but these two bootlegs are worth checking out if you haven't heard them.

Cheers,

Zen
inthezenarcade.blogspot.com

P.S. I very much dig your blog -- you've given me a lot to listen to over the next week or so.

WooliestMammoth said...

Hey thanks for the info, there. Appreciate your comment and likewise dig your blog, Zen.